Nov 4, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

The Very Best Home-made Chicken Noodle Soup
--guaranteed to cure for what ails you.


My boyfriend and I both caught colds in England this past week: he from everyone who was coughing around us on the plane, on the tube, on the train… and I caught it from him coughing on me. As soon as we got back home, I made this soup to nurse us back to health. And it worked!
--AnglophileLV

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts, chopped up
1 bay leaf
2 leeks, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
½ onion
1 clove garlic
3 sprigs thyme
5 sprigs parsley chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
6 cups chicken bouillon (half low sodium and half regular)
Fettuccini noodles

1. Make your chicken bouillon in a large pot using cubes or packets. I used ½ low sodium and ½ regular. Trader Joe’s has organic bouillon packets that don’t have partially-hydrogenated crap in them.
2. Add bay leaf, chicken, onions and garlic.
3. Add carrots, celery, leeks, thyme and parsley.
4. Bring to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add as much fettuccini as desired (some like more noodles, some like less) and boil until tender, ~10 minutes.
6. Add pepper to taste.

No comments: