Aug 16, 2009

Blueberry and Strawberry Lassi


I really love yoghurt based anything. This time I used honey as a sweetener instead of sugar. I think, possibly, it's a healthier option (If you use your local honey then chances of spring time allergies are reduced! yay!) than sugar and it's brings an interesting richness to the drink.



Ingredients:

Serves 3
Fresh blueberries 1 cup
strawberries - chopped 1/2-1 cup
Honey to taste (can use sugar instead)
Milk and/or Yoghurt - 1/2-1 cup (add water if you like it to be more liquidy)
Ice cubes

Method:

1. In your blender, blend everything except the ice at first. Taste and add honey to counter balance the tartness. The honey may be a bit weird with the overpowering taste of the berries, but I really liked the combination of the tartness of the yoghurt and rich and aromatic sweetness of the honey. Add the ice and drink!!!


Note: I think honey and yoghurt combo without the berries will be amazing. I will try it out and report shortly.

No comments: