Apr 3, 2009
This is my own recipe, thrown together when I needed to get rid of some eggs and set myself up with healthy lunches for the week. It’s Mexican because I put a jalapeno pepper in it, and it’s Greek because of the feta, garlic and spinach combination. I guess it’s also a little French. Maybe I should name it Euro-mutt quiche. –AnglophileLV
1 pie crust
4 pieces bacon
½ red onion
1 Jalapeno, chopped fine
2 Tb. Chopped sundried tomatoes
1 bag spinach
1 C. chopped Cauliflower
1 clove garlic
1 C. garlic and herb feta
A few sprigs fresh parsley
½ C. cottage cheese
½ tsp. mustard
½ tsp parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy and set aside.
3. Chop the ½ C. red onion and cook in the bacon grease. Add the Jalapeno.
4. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted. Turn off the heat from the skillet.
5. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sundried tomato, feta, cottage cheese, mustard, cauliflower, garlic (chopped fine), and parsley. Mix well. Add the mixture in the skillet. Crumble the bacon and add to the bowl. Blend well.
6. Put everything into the pie crust and top with a light sprinkling of parmesan.
7. Cook for 45minutes until the top is lightly browned.